From $12 an hour
High school or equivalent (Required)
Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Job Title: Box Office Attendant
Property: Mardi Gras Enterprises Inc., d/b/aKalamazoo State Theatre / www.kazoostate.com
Hours: Part Time – hours are variable including evenings and weekends (dependent upon show schedule)
Reports To: Box Office Manager
Job Summary: Box Office personnel provide excellent customer service while processing ticket sales, parking sales, merchandise sales, answering phones, taking messages, handling cash and credit card transactions, opening and closing of the box office lobby and retail space, and general office tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to)
- Provide excellent customer service while answering phones and during in person sales and inquiries.
- Be proficient in using the point-of-sale systems (Ticketmaster and Square).
- Process ticket, parking and merchandise sales in-person and online, handling cash and processing credit card transactions.
- Assist with packaging and shipping online orders when requested.
- Stay informed of the show schedule and be able to share information about the artists preforming at KST.
- Assist in the upkeep of the cleanliness of the Box Office and retail space.
- Provide help to patrons regarding entry into the venue and general questions.
- Have knowledge of and abide by all box office and parking policies and procedures.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School diploma required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and ability to operate a point-of-sale system is required.
- Familiarity with equipment for Ticketmaster ticketing system and using the Square Sales app on an iPad is helpful.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, oral and written, including follow-up via email and phone.
- High level of organization and attention to detail with excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to have fun, stay calm, and work with others in a sometimes stressful, fast paced, energetic environment.
- Strong work ethic, reliable and self-motivated, with an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be available via email, cell and text and have reliable transportation to get to and from work.
- Must be willing to be hands on and work event-based hours that include evenings and weekends.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; speak loudly and clearly; hear and respond in busy and noisy environments. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee may be required to work outside in the weather on show days. Specific vision abilities include color, close, distance, and peripheral vision and depth perception.
This Job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
About the Venue: The Kalamazoo State Theatre, located at 404 S. Burdick Street, has been a fixture in downtown Kalamazoo since 1927. The historic atmospheric style Vaudeville house and movie palace is now home to concerts, comedy, special films, and private events. Please visit www.kazoostate.com for more information about the venue.
The Hinman Company and Mardi Gras Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Values: We are a team of smart, resourceful, hardworking, action-oriented people thinking creatively and outside the box. We have a hunger for achievement, a sense of urgency, and a will to win. We are trustworthy, respectful and honest. The foundation of our business is to understand and meet the needs of our customers. We take ownership in our efforts and strive to create value in everything we do.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $12.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Why are you interested in working at the State Theatre?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Customer service: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.