Since closing in March 2020, our team has analyzed and researched how we will reopen safely to our community in the midst of dealing with Covid-19. While we are aware there is no guarantee we can eliminate all risk, we do know that we can mitigate a great deal of risk by using best practices. We are excited to welcome you back so you can enjoy some time out of your home with your family and friends.
To minimize risks for everyone, we ask that you please be mindful of the following:
- Please leave all large bags, backpacks and purses at home, your hotel, or in your vehicle. No purses/bags over the dimensions of 8 inches by 5 inches by 2 inches will be allowed into the venue.
- Refrain from entering the venue if you are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19. Any patrons who arrive to the venue with a fever ≥ 100.4 or showing other symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter.
- Wear a mask over the nose and mouth upon entering the building. Masks only may be removed if you are enjoying concessions or a beverage in your seat.
- Upon entering the building, our team will perform a screening process that includes a temperature check, spot check, small bag inspection, and potentially wanding.
- Once inside, an usher will guide you to your seat, after which you are invited to proceed to other areas of the venue such as the restrooms, concessions, and merchandise table while continuing social distancing practices by maintaining a minimum of 6ft from others.
- Patrons will be seated in groups (pods) of 2-4 people, and these groups will be located at least 6ft apart.
- Practice good respiratory etiquette (e.g. cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing)
- Wash and/or sanitistations have been installed throughout the venue.
- Our cleaning procedures emphasize repeated sanitizing of all high traffic touch points in the theatre.
- After the event has ended, watch for our House Manager and usher team to assist you in a staggered organized exit process. Thank you for your patience while we coordinate this process in an orderly and spaced fashion.
Kalamazoo State Theatre will enforce the policies in our reopening plan for the safety of our patrons, artists, staff and community. While we work hard to reduce the exposure to COVID-19, the public is assuming the inherent risk of possible exposure. We appreciate your cooperation with these protocols as it helps us to bring events to the community during this challenging time.
Suggested Time Entry- New Ticket Feature!
Please refer to the time on your ticket for entry. That time will be used as a means to assist with social distancing and used as a guideline for the time of your entry. As you enter the vestibule of the venue, your ticket on your mobile device or your physical paper ticket will be scanned by staff. This process will be as touch free as possible to limit contact between parties. You must enter the venue with your entire pod, as ushers will escort your pod to your seat first to ensure flow of traffic meets social distancing guidelines.