- This event has passed.
Mary Poppins (1964) – Movies Down Memory Lane Series
September 30, 2017
Kalamazoo State Theatre | Doors & Pre-Show Fun: 2:00pm | Show at 3:00pm
Buy Tickets HERE
In honor of our 90th anniversary, we are taking fans on a nostalgic trip down memory lane with a throwback movie series! To kick off our “Movies Down Memory Lane Series,” we will return attendees back to 1964 to experience the original Mary Poppins at our historic venue. September 30th will be a grand opportunity to pass down a Supercallifragilisticexpialidocious memory to all generations!
IMBD Storyline: When Jane and Michael, the children of the wealthy and uptight Banks family, are faced with the prospect of a new nanny, they are pleasantly surprised by the arrival of the magical Mary Poppins. Embarking on a series of fantastical adventures with Mary and her Cockney performer friend, Bert, the siblings try to pass on some of their nanny’s sunny attitude to their preoccupied parents.
- Theatre doors open at 2pm but feel free to come out before and show us your best sidewalk chalk artwork or hopscotch skills. Professional chalk artist, Rich Francisco, will be onsite creating artwork from the movie. Some of his work can be seen here.
- Kalsee Credit Union will be onsite handing out kid’s piggy banks, beach balls, and more.
- Thanks to the Kalamazoo Civic Theatre, we will have Mary and Bert onsite in full costume. Photos welcomed!
- YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo will be onsite hosting children’s stations such as the photo opportunity and also pin the bowtie on the penguin.
- A special blend of Pop City Popcorn will be available for sale.
- The Spirit of Kalamazoo will be handing out ice cream coupons to everyone exiting the venue. The Spirit of Kalamazoo proudly serves Plainwell Ice Cream and is located two blocks north of Kalamazoo State Theatre on the walking mall.
All seating is general admission for this all ages event. There is an 8 ticket limit.
- $10 Non-Student Entry
- $5 Student Entry (must present a valid student ID)